Why Can’t I Access Re.rockspace.local Setup Page?
Do you wish to set up your Rock space wireless range extender but can’t access the re.rockspace.local setup page? Well, you do not have to worry anymore since you have reached the best place wherein you will get the remedy for the issue faced by you. FYI, 8 out of 10 users get stuck during the setup process of their WiFi extenders. However, the solutions are pretty simple. You need to take care of a few things and you are done with setting up your extender without any hassle. Let us shed light on these tips and tricks that you can use and do away with the setup problem.
Unable to Access Re.rockspace.local Setup Page: Fixed
Let us tell you the reasons along with the solutions so that you can have a better understanding of the situation. Before anything else, you should be very sure that you are not typing the web address with typing mistakes in it. Typos are the most common reasons why users get stuck.
1. You are Using an Outdated Web Browser
The use of an older version of the web browser can halt the re.rockspace.local setup page from opening up. You should update the browser that you are using to complete the setup process of your Rockspace extender. You can also use an alternative web browser that is running on the updated version already.
If it is Google Chrome then use the below given steps to upgrade it:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Look for three dots on the upper right corner of the web page.
- Click on them.
- Next, click on Help and then on About Google Chrome.
- It will check for updates.
- The update process should automatically start if your browser needs an update.
2. The Browser is Accumulated with Cache
The browser that you are using might be filled with junk data which is why the setup page is not loading. The accumulated cache could be stopping the process. You should clear the cache and other junk files from your browser and then try to get the job done.
3. You are Not Connected to the Extender’s Network
Re.rockspace.local is not a regular website. Instead, it is a local web address. This can only be accessed when you are connected to the local network. So, make sure that the PC that you are using to set up your Rock space extender is connected to the extender’s network. Choose the extender’s SSID from the list of available networks and join it using the right password.
You can refer to the Rock Space WiFi extender manual to find the SSID and password of the extender.
4. The extender is Not Working Properly
If you can not connect to the extender’s network this means either the extender is not connected to the host router correctly or there is a power supply issue. Go ahead and check the Ethernet cable that is connecting the extender and router. Make sure it forms a firm connection between the devices.
Also, be certain that the power supply to the extender and the host router is non-fluctuating.
5. VPN or Firewall Settings are Stopping the Process
You might be using a VPN or the firewall on your PC. Also, if there’s an antivirus software installed on our PC, this could be stopping the re.rockspace.local setup page from opening up. You can try to temporarily disable the software and then try to access the Rockspace extender setup page.
Still Stuck? Perform a Power Cycle
Even after trying all the hacks given above, if you face the same issue then perform a power cycle to the home network. The steps for the same are highlighted below:
- First of all, power down the Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Next, turn off the host router.
- Unplug their power cables from the wall sockets.
- Now, remove the cable connecting the router to the extender.
- Let the devices sit idle for about 5-10 minutes.
- Thereafter, connect the Ethernet cable to the devices.
- Plug in the power cables.
- Switch on the router first and then the extender.
You will now be able to access the re.rockspace.local setup page without any issues. Go ahead and make changes to the settings as per your needs.