My Rock Space WiFi Extender Keeps Disconnecting. Guide Me!
A high-speed WiFi connection is an umbrella term that is used to describe every model of Rockspace WiFi extender. Perhaps, this is the reason why millions across the globe are tending towards doing Rockspace WiFi extender setup. But, not everyone is fortunate enough to extract the maximum performance from this wonderful networking gadget. Let’s take an example of the user who recently approached our technical team stating that his Rock space WiFi extender keeps disconnecting.
Due to years of experience, our team helped him do away with the issue in a matter of minutes. But, later they realized that this problem is not faced by 2 or 3 Rockspace users. Almost 50% of users are swimming in the ocean of connectivity problems with the range extender screaming for help. Now that you’re walking through this post, we are assuming that you are having similar experiences with your range extender. Are you? Well then, walk through this post.
Here, we have jotted down several tactics suggested by our experts using which you can easily get rid of the connectivity issue with the Rockspace range extender. But, before walking you through them, we want to shed some light on the causes behind the problem so that eliminating it from the core will become easy.
Causes: Rock Space WiFi Extender Keeps Disconnecting
Here’s the list of the most possible reasons that might have triggered the connectivity issue with the Rock space wireless range extender. For your knowledge, we’ve mentioned the effects along with the causes behind the issue because it is not only the connectivity problem that emerges due to these reasons.
- Poor placement of the range extender is the principal cause behind the Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue. Know that the poor placement of the extender leads to uneven transmission of WiFi signals.
- The issue currently in the discussion can also be an outcome of the damaged Ethernet cable. Perhaps, you’ve not changed it since years. Using a damaged cable can result in zero or no internet connection.
- Your Rock space WiFi extender keeps disconnecting if you keep ignoring the notifications of pending firmware updates. Making the device run on outdated firmware is never a good idea since the firmware carries the extender’s instructions which need to be upgraded at all costs. Else, your extender will deny working.
- The connectivity issues with the Rockspace range extender will also surround you if there are a lot of devices accessing the home network. Perhaps, it is more than the decided limit [mentioned in the user manual]. In that case, the extender overworks and gives away the thought of working.
Fixed: Rock Space WiFi Extender Keeps Disconnecting
The previous section focused on the causes behind the connectivity issue and their effects. Assuming that you’ve walked through them carefully, we are now highlighting the hacks that will help you resolve the problem:
- Change the location of your Rock space extender right away. Place it in the center of an airy room. Apart from this, ensure that the room is not bottlenecked. It should not be housing any entity emitting EM waves. Moreover, no reflexive surfaces should be present there.
- It is time that you bid farewell to the worn-out Ethernet cable and buy a new one. Using the older one will only increase problems for you. The Rock space WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue is just the start. And yes, the new cable must be perfectly working.
- Log in to your Rockspace extender using its default values and consider upgrading the firmware to its latest version. However, while doing so ensure that you’re downloading the firmware file in accordance with the extender’s model number.
- The number of WiFi devices accessing the network of your range extender should not exceed the pre-decided value. Additionally, give your WiFi device some rest by shutting it down for a few moments. In this way, technical glitches will stay miles away.
So, these were the hacks implementing which the Rock space WiFi extender keeps disconnecting problem will become folklore for you. However, there are other factors too that if taken care of will help you keep connectivity issues at bay. Check out the next section to learn about them.
Other Factors Affecting Rock Space Extender Connectivity
- The distance between your Rockspace extender and router is a vital factor that affects the signal propagation. It means you should keep it optimal. If it is too much, then there is a possibility that your devices won’t be able to communicate. On the contrary, if you keep it too less, then the chaos of signals is likely to occur.
- To function properly, every networking device needs power. Thus, your Rockspace device also functions on the same principle. Ensuring a proper power supply will also help you prevent the Rock space WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue.
That’s all we had to say about connectivity issues with the Rockspace WiFi extender. We are hopeful that the knowledge we’ve shared in this write-up will prove helpful. Additionally, ensure that you keep your extender secure by accessing re.rockspace.local and changing its default WiFi password so that its network won’t get manipulated by an outsider. Know that providing access to unauthorized users will snatch all the powers from you. It means you won’t be able to manage your extender. However, if you’re struggling to fix the Rock space WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue even after taking care of all the factors, consider contacting our experts. They will be able to help you out.