Complete Guide to Do Rockspace AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup
Rockspace AC1200 wireless range extenders are one of the best networking devices in the market nowadays. If you brought this model to your home and are wondering how to set it up, then this post is for you. Here, we have explained how to perform Rockspace AC1200 WiFi extender setup using different methods along with other related topics. Read on.
Rockspace AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup: WPS Method
Here is how you can set up your Rockspace AC1200 WiFi extender using the WPS method:
- Plug your AC1200 range extender into a non-damaged power outlet.
- Press the power button.
- Locate the WPS button on your device.
- Once found, press it and do the same on your router.
- At last, change the location of your Rockspace AC1200 extender.
Rockspace AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup: Manual Method
Through the following steps, we have shed light on how you can set up the AC1200 extender using the Manual method:
- Grab your extender and connect it to a wall socket.
- Once that is done, switch on the power button.
- Get hold of a cable. An Ethernet cable is what we are talking about here.
- Connect your router and extender using the cable.
- Gain access to your laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
- Visit re.rockspace.local.
- Perform Rockspace extender login via the default login credentials.
- You will find yourself on the main dashboard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Precaution: Enter the web address in the web address field instead of the search bar.
Although performing Rockspace WiFi extender setup is a piece of cake, on the off chance, you face issues during the process; get in touch with our experts.
What happened? You don’t want to do that? Want to try to resolve the problem on your own? We understand. That is why we have mentioned the troubleshooting hacks below.
Can’t Perform Rockspace AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup?
- YourRockspace AC1200 wireless extender should receive an uninterrupted power supply from the wall socket that it is plugged into.
- The Ethernet cable you have put to use ought to be free of damages. Apart from that, the connection that your devices have should be finger-tight.
- Only enter the correct web address in your web browser. If you are afraid of committing typing errors, then consider taking a minute or two to enter the address instead of rushing through the process.
- Whether you choose to use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, use an updated browser. Also, to be on the safe side, get rid of the accumulated cache.
- If an antivirus software is installed on your system, it is recommended that you disable it on a temporary basis. We are suggesting this because at times, despite being beneficial, an antivirus software can stop you from performing certain tasks.
- Avoid entering the wrong login username and password. Also, do not enter the username in the Password bar and the password in the Username bar.
Done following the aforementioned troubleshooting steps? Good. Now, perform Rockspace AC1200 WiFi extender setup using any method that you prefer.
How to Update Rockspace AC1200 WiFi Extender Firmware?
Right after you are done performing Rockspace AC1200 WiFi extender setup, you are required to update the firmware of your device. This will ensure that your extender performs well 24×7.
Here is how you can perform Rockspace extender firmware update:
- Set up the hardware of your Rockspace AC1200 extender.
- Once that is done, open an internet browser on your system.
- Type re.rockspace.local in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Have you accessed the Rockspace login page? Now, enter the default admin details.
- Click Log In.
- On the Rockspace extender dashboard, go to Settings.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Update.
- Once that is done, follow the on-screen instructions.
With that, the Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update process has come to an end.
Performing Rockspace AC1200 WiFi extender setup in your home is an excellent thing to do if you want to access a blazing-fast internet connection. We hope that we are able to help you configure the extender with ease.
In case, you still need help in going through the process, then waste no more time reaching out to our technical experts.